Sunday, April 24, 2011

March 10, 2011 - The Shit Hits The Fan

This post appeared on Facebook. I have taken out the comments that other people left on it to protect their privacy.                      
I went to the nursing home to drop off clean clothes for my mom, pick up her laundry, and tend to a few other things for her like I always do. I walk into her room and there's my mom in her power chair, soaked in her own piss down to the bone, pools of it all over the floor, unable to reach the f*cking call button, and tethered to the oxygen on the wall so she can't go and get anyone to help her.
Furious doesn't begin to cut it. I flew out of that f*cking room and raised all holy hell, and she STILL sat there for nearly an hour before they got around to her. I don't even know how long she had been sitting there in that condition before I even got there. Of all the days to forget my f*cking camera...the look of humiliation on her face was enough to make me want to break these motherf*ckers in two. If I ever go missing from Facebook, it is because I am in jail...

It's Illinois, and we've already tried the Ombudsman route. The thing is, the patient is the one that has to make the complaint for them to have any power to help. My mom doesn't want to trouble anybody. Today she said to me, "Calm down Becky, you're going to make these people hate me." There was fear in her eyes. That did it. "No" I soothed..."I'm going to make them hate ME." Then I made it very clear to them not to push me any farther, that they would never know when I was going to be around from now on, and that if anyone dares to be fool enough to take their frustrations out on my mother in any way, shape or form as a result of my complaints that I will have their license.
 
Oh they haven't seen hell yet...but it's coming. Nobody does that to anyone I care about and gets away with it ...nobody. Especially when they're helpless and can't fight back. It's dead wrong, and I'm not about to let them get away with it. I know they think I've given up already. Big mistake. Pictures are irrefutable proof, and I will have that proof, whatever it takes.


She has no freaking legs below the knees for crying out loud. What do they expect her to do, sprout new ones? She would love to be able to take care of her own needs like she used to, but it just isn't possible. Even when they've put her prosthetic limbs on, her lungs are so f*cked up she's gasping for breath after a couple of steps. She has no stamina, she's unsteady and weak. They know she can't do anything about it, so they just let her sit there in her own filth?!? NO F*CKING WAY. Her dignity and self-esteem took a huge enough hit as it is with the loss of her independence, her home, and now this shit?! Bloody f*cking hell.

All they care about are the checks they get. These people are just another body in a bed that gets them more money, and believe me, I will take care of her. Every member of the Administration in that building has had a long talk with me about these issues before...they know who I am, and they know I'm not going to back off until they do right by my mother. To all of you who have my back on this...thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♥ I will give my mom a hug for you all, after I'm done kicking the crap out of everyone else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment